1000+ HEOR Stakeholders Will Convene in Bogotá, Colombia on 12-14 September
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—August 13, 2019—ISPOR—the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR)—announced plenary sessions and speakers for its ISPOR Latin America 2019 conference. The leading HEOR conference in Latin America will focus on “Data and Value in Healthcare: 2020 and Beyond” on 12-14 September 2019 in Bogotá, Colombia.
The first plenary session, “The Role of Data Supporting an Effective Decision-Making Process,” is scheduled for Friday, 13 September. As real-world data continues to extend the usefulness of randomized controlled trials, this plenary will examine how the management of these data will impact healthcare decisions and resource allocation in Latin America. Speakers include:
- Moderator: Manuel Antonio Espinoza, MD, MSc, PhD; Pontificia Universidad Católica, Santiago, Chile
- Rafael Alfonso-Cristancho, MD, PhD, MSc; GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA, USA
- Edson Amaro, MD, PhD; Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, São Paulo, Brazil
- William H Crown, PhD; OptumLabs, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Oscar Espinosa, MSc; Institute of Technology Assessment in Health, Bogotá, Colombia
- Lucinda Orsini, DPM, MPH; ISPOR, Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The second plenary session, “Value Measurement in 2020: Moving Forward in Low- and Middle-Income Countries,” will be held Saturday, 14 September. This plenary will explore the delivery model of value-based healthcare and a variety of approaches that can increase health systems’ efficiency and improve patient access. Speakers include:
- Moderator: Mariana Barraza Llorens, MSc; Blutitude, Mexico City, Mexico
- Hector Castro, MD, MSc, PhD; Management Sciences for Health, Washington, DC, USA
- Alejandro Gaviria, PhD; formerly with the Center for Sustainable Development for America Latina and Caribbean, Ministry of Health Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia
- Cristina Gutierrez Delgado, PhD; Economic Analysis Unit, Mexican Ministry of Health, Mexico City, Mexico
- Analia Lopez, MD, MSc; Ministry of Health and Social Development, Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina
In addition to the plenary sessions, ISPOR Latin America 2019 will present 3 spotlight sessions, a variety of breakout sessions, educational symposia, and podium and poster presentations. The spotlight sessions will feature 3 timely topics, including (1) “Defining Value in Medical Device: “The Stakeholder Matters,’” (2) “Value Assessment Frameworks in Latin America: Are We There Yet?,” and (3) “Recent Social Valuation Studies in Latin America. Methods, Results, Lessons Learned.” The conference will also offer the Society’s Essential HEOR Education curriculum of half- and full-day short courses, including 3 new courses.
ISPOR is recognized globally as the leading professional society for health economics and outcomes research and its role in improving healthcare decisions. ISPOR Latin America 2019 expects to draw more than 1000 healthcare stakeholders with an interest in HEOR, including researchers and academicians, assessors and regulators, payers and policy makers, the life sciences industry, healthcare providers, and patient engagement organizations.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Web: www.ispor.org | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/ispororg | Twitter: www.twitter.com/ispororg (@ISPORorg) | YouTube: www.youtube.com/ispororg | Facebook: www.facebook.com/ispororg | Instagram: www.instagram.com/ispororg