Conference Will Be Held 12-14 September 2019 in Bogotá, Colombia With a Focus on Data and Value in Healthcare
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—September 3, 2019—ISPOR—the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR)—released the final program and speakers for its upcoming ISPOR Latin America 2019 conference that will be held 12-14 September 2019 in Bogotá, Colombia.
ISPOR Latin America 2019 is the leading HEOR conference in the region. The conference draws 1000 healthcare stakeholders including researchers and academicians, assessors and regulators, payers and policy makers, the life sciences industry, healthcare providers, and patient engagement organizations. This year’s conference theme is “Data and Value in Healthcare: 2020 and Beyond.”
Plenary 1: “The Role of
Data Supporting an Effective Decision-Making Process”
Friday, 13 September 2019
As real-world data continues to extend the usefulness of randomized controlled trials, this plenary will examine how the management of these data will impact healthcare decisions and resource allocation in Latin America. Speakers include:
- Moderator: Manuel Antonio Espinoza, MD, MSc, PhD; Pontificia Universidad Católica, Santiago, Chile
- Rafael Alfonso-Cristancho, MD, PhD, MSc; GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA, USA
- Edson Amaro, MD, PhD; Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, São Paulo, Brazil
- William H Crown, PhD; OptumLabs, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Oscar Espinosa, MSc; Institute of Technology Assessment in Health, Bogotá, Colombia
- Lucinda Orsini, DPM, MPH; ISPOR, Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Plenary 2: “Value Measurement in 2020: Moving Forward in Low-
and Middle-Income Countries”
Saturday, 14 September
This plenary will explore the delivery model of value-based healthcare and a variety of approaches that can increase health systems’ efficiency and improve patient access. Speakers include:
- Moderator: Mariana Barraza Llorens, MSc; Blutitude, Mexico City, Mexico
- Hector Castro, MD, MSc, PhD; Management Sciences for Health, Washington, DC, USA
- Cristina Gutierrez Delgado, PhD; Economic Analysis Unit, Mexican Ministry of Health, Mexico City, Mexico
- Analia Lopez, MD, MSc; Ministry of Health and Social Development, Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina
In addition to the plenary sessions, ISPOR Latin America 2019 will present 3 spotlight sessions, a variety of breakout sessions, educational symposia, and podium and poster presentations. The spotlight sessions will feature 3 timely topics, including (1) “Defining Value in Medical Device: “The Stakeholder Matters,’” (2) “Value Assessment Frameworks in Latin America: Are We There Yet?,” and (3) “Recent Social Valuation Studies in Latin America. Methods, Results, Lessons Learned.” The conference will also offer the Society’s Essential HEOR Education curriculum of half- and full-day short courses, including 3 new courses on real-world evidence, medical devices, and machine learning. Additionally, an invitational Latin America Regional Health Policy Summit is being held immediately prior to the conference on 11 September.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Web: www.ispor.org | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/ispororg | Twitter: www.twitter.com/ispororg (@ISPORorg) | YouTube: www.youtube.com/ispororg | Facebook: www.facebook.com/ispororg | Instagram: www.instagram.com/ispororg