Scheduled for September 23, 2016 in Washington, DC, USA
Princeton, NJ—August 15, 2016—The International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) announced that it is holding a Stakeholder Conference for its Initiative on US Value Assessment Frameworks on September 23 in Washington, DC, USA.
ISPOR’s Initiative on US Value Assessment Frameworks was created to inform the shift towards a value-driven health care system by promoting the development and dissemination of high-quality, unbiased value assessment frameworks. A number of value assessment frameworks have been developed as the US health care system has moved toward a value-driven approach that focuses on evaluating therapeutic options based on health outcomes, value to the patient, and effectiveness compared with other potential treatment options. The currently available frameworks, however, are widely diverse in their approaches, and this inconsistency can lead to variable evaluations of treatments. A need therefore exists for a set of standards that are robust, transparent, methodologically sound, and that involve the input of all key stakeholders to guide the development of value assessment frameworks for health care decision making.
The conference will bring together stakeholders across all segments of health care for a one-day meeting to invite input and help guide the scope of work for the initiative’s Special Task Force. The Conference will feature a number of notable speakers, including:
- Keynote Speaker:
- Mark McClellan, MD, PhD, Director, Duke Robert J. Margolis, Center for Health Policy
- Nancy Berg, Chief Executive Officer, ISPOR
- Susan Cantrell, RPh, CAE, Chief Executive Officer, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy
- Jalpa Doshi, PhD, Associate Professor, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Lou Garrison, PhD, Professor, University of Washington School of Pharmacy, and ISPOR President
- Roger Longman, MA, Chief Executive Officer, Real Endpoints
- Daniel Mark, MD, Professor of Medicine, Duke Clinical Research Institute, and American College of Cardiology
- Peter Neumann, DSc, Director, Center for the Evaluation of Value and Risk in Health at the Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies at Tufts Medical Center; Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Daniel Ollendorf, PhD, Chief Science Officer, Institute for Clinical and Economic Review
- Eleanor Perfetto, RPh, PhD, Senior Vice President, National Health Council
- Edmund Pezalla, MD, MPH, Vice President, National Medical Director, Aetna
- Lowell Schnipper, MD (invited), Theodore W. and Evelyn G. Berenson Professor, Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Steve Ubl, President and Chief Executive Officer, PhRMA
- Richard Willke, PhD, Chief Science Officer, ISPOR
Additional information on the conference and registration can be found here.