Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—June 5, 2018—ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research, announced the election of the Society’s 2018-2019 Board of Directors. ISPOR’s global membership elects its board with the 2018-2019 Board of Directors assuming office on July 1, 2018.
- Federico Augustovski, MD, MSc, PhD will assume the role of 2018-2019 President after having served as the Society’s President-Elect. Dr Augustovski is director of Health Economic Evaluations and Technology Assessment at the Institute for Clinical Effectiveness and Health Policy in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Nancy J. Devlin, PhD was elected President-Elect and will move into the role of President in the 2019-2020 term. Dr Devlin is the director of Research at the Office of Health Economics in London, England, UK.
The following members were elected to the Board of Directors for 3-year terms:
- Jalpa A. Doshi, PhD, professor, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Neil Hawkins, MSc, MBA, PhD, professor of Health Technology Assessment, University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
- Rok Hren, PhD, MSc, head of Laboratory Diagnostics, Point.of.Care and Molecular Diagnostics in the Adriatic Region, Siemens Healthineers, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Raoh-Fang (Jasmine) Pwu, PhD, director, National Hepatitis C Program Office, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Taipei, Taiwan
Returning board members include:
Immediate Past President:
- Shelby D. Reed, RPh, PhD, professor at Duke University in Durham, NC, USA
- Zeba M. Khan, RPh, PhD, vice president at Celgene Corporation, Summit, NJ, USA
CEO and Executive Director:
- Nancy S. Berg, CEO and executive director at ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
- Meindert Boysen, PharmD, director for Technology Appraisal and Highly-Specialized Technologies Programs at the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, London, England, UK
- Stephanie R. Earnshaw, PhD, senior vice president, Health Economics at RTI Health Solutions, Raleigh-Durham, NC, USA
- Jan Elias Hansen, PhD, vice president, Evidence for Access Unit, US Medical Affairs at Genentech, South San Francisco, CA, USA
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Web: www.ispor.org | LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/ISPOR-LIn | Twitter: www.twitter.com/ISPORorg (@ISPORorg) | YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/ISPORorg/videos | Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISPORorg | Instagram: www.instagram.com/ISPORorg