Region’s Leading Health Economics and Outcomes Research Conference to Focus on Informing Policy and Strengthening Healthcare Systems
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—June 25, 2018—ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research, announced the theme and plenary sessions for its ISPOR Asia Pacific 2018 conference. The conference is scheduled for 8-11 September 2018 in Tokyo, Japan. ISPOR Asia Pacific 2018 is the leading Asia Pacific conference for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and will focus on the theme, “Moving Into Action: Informing Policy and Strengthening Healthcare Systems in Asia Pacific.”
The first plenary session, “Transforming Healthcare and Leveraging Digital Health for Better Health in Asia Pacific,” is scheduled for Sunday, 9 September 2018. This session will explore the current benefits and the future potential of digital health in the region. Speakers will include:
- Moderator: Erwin Loh, MBBS, MBA, MHSM, PhD, Monash Health, Melbourne, Australia
- Speaker: Gabe Rijpma, Microsoft Asia, Auckland, New Zealand
- Speaker: Polawat Witoolkollachit, MD, Ministry of Public Health, Bangkok, Thailand
- Speaker: Jilan Liu, MD, MHA, Joint Commission International, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS Greater China), Seattle, WA, USA
- Speaker: Lou Huei-Xin, PharmD, MSc, Integrated Health Information Systems Pte Ltd and Ministry of Health, Singapore
The second plenary session, “Real-World Evidence in Asia Pacific: Are We Ready? Is It Helpful for Decision Makers?,” is scheduled for Monday, 10 September 2018. In this session, speakers from various sectors will share their perspectives and insights on the use of real-world evidence and address barriers impeding its utilization. Speakers will include:
- Moderator: Bart Barefoot, GlaxoSmithKline, London, UK
- Speaker: K. Arnold Chan, MD, ScD, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Speaker: Xin Sun, PhD, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
- Speaker: Manabu Akazawa, PhD, MPH, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, Tokyo, Japan
The third plenary session, “Risk-Sharing Agreements: Country Experiences, Challenges, and Lessons Learned,” is scheduled for Tuesday, 11 September 2018. In this session, panelists will address the issues and challenges in implementing risk-sharing agreements.
- Moderator: Joerg Mahlich, Janssen, Neuss, Germany
- Speaker: Elizabeth de Somer, Medicines Australia, Canberra, Australia
- Speaker: Youngjin Song, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Seoul, South Korea
- Speaker: Gergana Zlateva, PhD, Pfizer Inc, New York, NY, USA
ISPOR is recognized globally as the leading professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and its role in improving healthcare decisions. ISPOR Asia Pacific 2018 draws approximately 1500 healthcare stakeholders with an interest in HEOR, including policy makers, global thought leaders, researchers and academicians, public and private payers, decision makers, and patient representatives.
The conference also features the Society’s renowned Essential HEOR Education curriculum of short courses on 8 September 2018. Additionally, a wide variety of breakout sessions will be featured, including issue panels, workshops, forums, educational symposia, podium presentations, and poster presentations.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Web: www.ispor.org | LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/ISPOR-LIn | Twitter: www.twitter.com/ISPORorg (@ISPORorg) | YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/ISPORorg/videos | Facebook: www.facebook.com/ISPORorg | Instagram: www.instagram.com/ISPORorg