News Across Asia Volume 7 No. 1 (April – June 2018)
We are very pleased to present News Across Asia Vol. 7 No. 1 (April 2018), the Asia Consortium newsletter. In this issue we include information on upcoming premier ISPOR events, including ISPOR Asia Pacific 2018 which saw a record 38% increase in abstract submissions, ISPOR 2018 (including ISPOR Asia Consortium events during the conference) and ISPOR Dubai. There are also updates on regional health initiatives, member-reported news, and information on other important ISPOR initiatives. We hope you enjoy this issue and warmly invite you to learn more about how ISPOR and ISPOR Asia Consortium are working to improve health care decision making in Asia Pacific and globally.
News Across Asia Co-Editors Nathorn Chaiyakunapruk, Sang Soo Lee, and Fang Zhang
- 38% increase in abstract submissions, over 1,000 abstracts submitted!
- Early Registration Deadline – July 17, 2018
- Conference program
- Support opportunities
- Conference highlights
- ISPOR Asia Consortium events in Baltimore
- Program highlights
- ISPOR Top Ten Trends Driving Healthcare in 2018 Translated into Chinese
- Asia Pacific Observatory on Health Systems and Policies (APO) Published a Report on Japan’s Health System
- Japan and Iran PE Guidelines Now Available
- ISPOR West China Chapter Co-Organizes 2018 China Annual Congress on Real World Data and Studies
- ISPOR India-Mumbai Chapter Recent Accomplishments
- Member of ISPOR India-Amaravati Chapter assists with Cholera Outbreak in India
- ISPOR New Zealand Chapter held its Annual General Meeting
- ISPOR Australia Chapter held its Workshop on Estimating the Benefits of New Treatments
- Understanding the Evolving Health Care Landscape in Asia Pacific: Real World Data and HTA – ISPOR Asia Consortium Industry Committee Initiatives
- Changes in Medical Device Value Framework in South Korea
- Towards Universal Health Coverage in India
ISPOR ASIA PACIFIC 2018
With a 38% increase in abstract submissions (over 1,000 abstracts received), ISPOR Asia Pacific 2018 is shaping up to be the largest ISPOR Asia Pacific Conference ever with over 1,500 delegates expected. Thank you to those who supported the conference by submitting their research!
ISPOR Asia Pacific 2018, themed “Moving into action: Informing policy and strengthening healthcare systems in Asia Pacific” covers a robust program of sessions that addresses important issues facing healthcare stakeholders in the region. The three plenary sessions will cover topics of great import to the regional health care landscape including the diffusion of digital health platforms, real world evidence and risk sharing approaches to improve health care decision making and health outcomes.
There will also be a pre-conference short course program of 18 courses including 5 new courses on topics including Budget Impact Analysis, Big Data graph analytics, medical devices and applied modeling, instructed by leading experts in HEOR. There will be over 900 presentations in Tokyo including dynamic issue panels, workshops, podiums, posters, forums and symposia covering diverse HEOR tracks. Moreover, there will be a special session on Japan’s national HTA pilot program that is scheduled to conclude in 2019.
In addition to the robust scientific program, there will be ample networking opportunities including a welcome reception that will showcase breathtaking and interactive cultural performances of Japan. And following the conference, there will be opportunities for joining special city tours arranged by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Tokyo Conventions & Visitors Bureau – please note that seats are limited and are on a first-come first-serve basis.
Please note that the ISPOR Travel Grant application deadline for Tokyo is Tuesday, June 12, 2018. Welcome those first time participants to apply!
Sponsorship and Exhibiting opportunities
We welcome you to participate as a sponsor or exhibitor for the leading HEOR Conference in Asia Pacific with over 1,500 participants expected. Check out the numerous opportunities:
- Event sponsorship – welcome and networking receptions, breaks and notebooks
- Educational forums – (only 2 slots remaining)
Register today and save (early registration deadline is July 17, 2018.
We look forward to welcoming you to Tokyo!
The conference program features nearly 2100 presentations and offers scientific topics on, eg, modeling, patient reported outcomes (PROs), health technology assessment (HTA), and more. It is a great opportunity to present your work, collaborate and network with regional and international colleagues in the field, and hear about innovative research methods and new health policy developments.
- Stay up to date on global trends in medical technology development, health technology assessment, and policy and clinical decision making while exploring the theme Real-World Evidence, Digital Health, and the New Landscape for Health Decision Making.
- There are 37 ISPOR short courses to choose from, including nine new courses.
- Network with student members worldwide at roundtables, showcases, receptions, and more.
- Engage in discussion and collaborate with members from Chapters, Networks, and Consortium in your region and across ISPOR Global regions (Asia Pacific, EMEA, Latin America).
- ISPOR Asia Consortium Business Meeting, Monday May 21, 7:15AM – 8:15AM, Room 314 (Level 300) (All are welcome).
- ISPOR Forum 5: Advancing Patient Access to Innovative Health Technologies in Asia: the Role of Real World Data in the Value Framework – ISPOR Asia Consortium Industry Committee Forum, Monday May 21, 6:15PM – 7:15PM, Ballroom IV (Level 400) (All are welcome).
- ISPOR 8th Asia-Pacific Conference Committee Meeting, Tuesday May 22, 11:00AM – 12:00PM, Room 315 (Level 300) (All are welcome).
- ISPOR Forum 8: Real World Evidence and Local Evidence Generation: How Should it be Approached in Asia-Pacific? ISPOR Asia Consortium HTA Agencies, Health Care Policymakers & Payers Committee Forum, Tuesday May 22, 6:15PM – 7:15PM, Ballroom II (Level 400) (All are welcome).
- If you are an ISPOR chapter leader, strengthen your skills in managing and leading the development of ISPOR Chapters by attending the inaugural ISPOR Chapter Leadership Training workshop on Monday, May 21 at 5:15pm. Prior confirmation of participation is requested (send your RSVP to email@example.com).
- Learn how members of the ISPOR Global Networks benefit from and contribute to ISPOR, and find out how you can also get involved in ISPOR Regional Groups at the ISPOR Global Networks Reception on Monday, May 21 at 7:30pm.
- Join your ISPOR peers at the Social Event on Tuesday, May 22 at 9:00pm. Separate registration is required.
For questions about ISPOR Asia Consortium activities or to RSVP to meetings and the training workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For conference program details visit ISPOR 2018.
Registration is now open for ISPOR’s first regional conference in the Middle East Healthcare Decision-Making in the Middle East and North Africa: Role of Health Economics, Outcomes Research and Health Technology Assessment. Aware of the rapid growth in the health care sector in the region, ISPOR is offering unique educational and information-sharing opportunities to address issues of effective healthcare decision-making to improve patient access to effective and innovative technologies in the MENA region. The event will run September 19-20, 2018 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and is organized with the involvement from the ISPOR Arabic Network. Since 2011, the ISPOR Arabic Network has been advancing the HEOR science and its use in healthcare decisions in the Middle East region. It currently brings together eight ISPOR Regional Chapters from the Middle East and North Africa and connects over 400 members.
- Educational seminars on Introduction to Health Economics and HTA
- Presentations on topics, such as: Pricing and Reimbursement: Challenges and Opportunities, the Role of HEOR in Decision Making: Global Knowledge for Local Application, Improving Access to Innovative Health Technologies, HTA Implementation Roadmap in MENA
- Sponsored Educational Symposia
- ISPOR Arabic Network Meeting (by invitation only)
- ISPOR HTA Roundtable – MEA (by invitation only)
- Welcome Reception
To register for the meeting, learn about the speakers, and for further program information visit ISPOR Dubai 2018. If you are interested in exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, please contact email@example.com. To learn about becoming an ISPOR Dubai 2018 Supporting Institution, please contact EMEA@ispor.org.
ISPOR ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES – GET INVOLVED!
- Voting is now open for the 2018-2019 ISPOR Board of Directors. ISPOR members can vote here (with their member login) through May 1, 2018. Information on each of the candidates – including their biographies and vision statements – can be found here.
- ISPOR is looking for individuals interested to update the ISPOR Pharmacoeconomic Guidelines Around the World, a comprehensive collection of available pharmacoeconomic/health economic (PE) guidelines from individual countries, either published PE recommendations, PE guidelines, or submission guidelines. This tool, which offers a comparative table of 33 key features for each country’s/region’s guidelines, is one of the most widely used tools by ISPOR members and the research community at large. If your country has PE guidelines that are not listed on the ISPOR website or if the guidelines listed on the website are out of date, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. All contributors will be acknowledged for their work on the ISPOR PE Guidelines webpage and on the ISPOR social media platforms.
- Are you from the Asia Pacific region and interested in learning more about HEOR and advancing its contribution to the health decision-making in your country? Join ISPOR Regional Chapter in your country and contribute!
- Are you a student in the field of HEOR and have interests and passion for excellence in research? ISPOR offers membership benefits that are valued and essential in your professional growth. To learn more visit ISPOR Student Network
- Submit your country’s specific databases or registries and contribute to ISPOR Digest of International Databases – an electronic index of health care databases around the world, which provides a summary of key attributes
- Join ISPOR Scientific and Health Policy Working Groups
- Submit papers to ISPOR Journals
For more opportunities to engage with ISPOR, please visit www.ispor.org
- ISPOR 2018 TOP 10 HEOR Trends recognizes the most influential topics in the field of HEOR for 2018 – Download now! Share with us your views and insights on which and how ISPOR Global Trends are impacting your region – send us your observations, comments, to email@example.com.
- ISPOR Updates Its Code of Ethics – ISPOR has published the latest version of its Code of Ethics. The code was authored by a geographically representative group of ISPOR members that included healthcare stakeholders from academia, research organizations, commercial entities, and patient organizations. All ISPOR members, regional chapter and consortia members were invited to review and submit comments. This document is published at ISPOR Code of Ethics.
- Join a Review Group – Become part of an ISPOR Task Force or Special Interest Review Group. Reviewer comments contribute to ISPOR’s high quality consensus-developed publications and online tools. To learn more about these working groups, visit ISPOR Task Forces or ISPOR Special Interest Groups. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ISPOR Regional Chapter Handbook and Chapter Leadership Webinar are available online to ISPOR regional Chapters leadership as a guide to help them succeed in their roles. For electronic access, please click here.
- ISPOR wants to recognize the efforts and outstanding contributions of ISPOR Regional Chapters which is why ISPOR has created the ISPOR Chapter Award program that will recognize Chapters in 3 Categories (small, medium, and large). Criteria and process to participate is published online and available here. Good luck to all!
- New ISPOR logo and branding elements are introduced! We invite you to watch the video “The New ISPOR” that shows how ISPOR’s new logo connects members across borders, disciplines, and professions. ISPOR will be providing its chapters with new ISPOR Chapter logotypes in the coming months.
Are you involved with ISPOR Asia Consortium but are not currently an active ISPOR member? Join your peers and take advantage of member exclusive benefits and services including, but not limited to education and training, publications, contribution to the science, knowledge products and online tools, networking. Join ISPOR Now!
As an ISPOR member, you will help to promote HEOR excellence and to improve health care decision making around the world. To learn more about ISPOR and membership benefits – view ISPOR’s New Member 101 webinar. For questions contact email@example.com.
ISPOR Global Fellowship Directory and Global Internship Directory – new and exclusive member benefit! Two new online resources for fellowships and internships for health economics and outcomes researchers. Visit ISPOR Career Center to explore more opportunities in the HEOR field.
ABOUT ISPOR ASIA CONSORTIUM
ISPOR Asia Consortium is a regional group within the organizational structure of ISPOR that consists of regional experts and thought leaders, ISPOR Chapters in Asia-Pacific as well as global professionals interested in HEOR and HTA and their use in health care decisions. Become a part of our dynamic organization with 1,000 global members, 8 working committees, and 33 ISPOR Regional Chapters in Asia-Pacific with over 2,600 members.
There are so many ways to get involved:
- Participate in our Biennial Asia-Pacific Conferences – past conferences in Kobe 2003, Shanghai 2006, Seoul 2008, Phuket 2010, Taipei 2012, Beijing 2014, Singapore 2016 and upcoming Tokyo 2018!
- Network with global colleagues at ISPOR Asia Consortium meetings
- Join our project-oriented working committees such as Industry, Education and Publication Committees
- Develop your new HEOR career by participating in the New Professionals Group
- Submit your research and content to our publications
- Learn more about our Chapters and get plugged into your local groups
- Check out our library of health policy articles and informational resources
© 2017 International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
505 Lawrence Square Blvd. South, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 USA