News Across Asia Volume 6 No. 2 (Aug-Oct 2017)
We are delighted to share with you News Across Asia Volume 6 No. 2 (August-October 2017), the Asia Consortium newsletter. News Across Asia regularly covers outcomes research and health policy trends in Asia-Pacific and activities of the ISPOR Asia Consortium and ISPOR Regional Chapters. This issue features a health policy article on HTA and its application in China, news on regional health initiatives, member reported news, and the ISPOR 8th Asia-Pacific Conference.
This issue presents a small portion of the activities that the ISPOR Asia Consortium is currently involved in. We invite you to Join ISPOR in making an impact for positive health outcomes in Asia-Pacific.
News Across Asia Co-Editors Nathorn Chaiyakunapruk, Sang Soo Lee, and Fang Zhang
- Health Technology Assessment and Its Applications in China
- National Forum on Real World Evidence and Healthcare Decision Making in China
- APO policy note on Bangladesh health care system
- Health Economic Modeling Workshop in Australia
- Pharmacoeconomics Workshop in Indonesia
- “Moon Care” for National Health Insurance (NHI) Reimbursement Coverage Enhancement announced in South Korea
- NPPA, Indian Price Regulator Takes Action on Medical Devices
- Notice on Clinical Pathway Management Guiding Principles Issued in China
- Value Evidence Requirements for Access and Reimbursement in China
- Member-reported publication
ISPOR HTA ROUNDTABLE – ASIA-PACIFIC
The ISPOR 36th HTA Roundtable themed “Health Technology Assessment of Medical Devices and Diagnostics in Asia-Pacific” was held 23 September 2017 in Grand Hyatt Taipei, Taiwan. The Roundtable featured 27 delegates representing 15 countries/regions including Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The meeting provided an opportunity to share knowledge, expertise and experience, and to explore common HTA issues, challenges, and emerging trends. Delegates gained valuable insight from in-depth presentations and robust discussions focusing on unique challenges and approaches for HTA on medical devices, main criteria for prioritizing medical devices for HTA, need for regional HTA harmonization, differences in the methodology and use of HTA and economic evaluation for policy decisions in different countries, and how to effectively engage diverse stakeholders.
ISPOR 8th ASIA-PACIFIC CONFERENCE
8-11 September, 2018, Tokyo, Japan
Call for Abstracts! Abstract Submissions open Nov 1, 2017
Conference Theme: Moving Into Action: Informing Policy and Strengthening Healthcare Systems in Asia-Pacific
First Plenary: Transforming Healthcare and Leveraging Digital Health for Better Health in Asia
Second Plenary: Real World Evidence in Asia: Are We Ready? Is It Helpful for Decision Makers?
Third Plenary: Risk Sharing Agreements: Country Experiences, Challenges, and Lessons Learned
Short Courses – 18 Total Courses, 5 New Short Courses Featured
5 New Courses in Tokyo:
- Budget Impact Analysis I: A 6-Step Approach
- Budget Impact Analysis II: Applications & Design Issues
- Medical Devices in Asia-Pacific: Regulatory and Reimbursement Issues
- Applied Modeling
- Introduction to Big Data Analysis: Graph Analytics
Conference Support Opportunities – Corporate sponsorship, Educational Fora and Symposia, Exhibiting
ISPOR ASIA CONSORTIUM AT ISPOR GLASGOW
Monday, 6 November 2017 7:30AM-8:30AM, Alsh: ISPOR Asia Consortium Business Meeting (All are welcome)
Tuesday, 7 November 2017 6:00PM-7:00PM, Hall 3, ISPOR Forum F8 organized by ISPOR Asia Consortium Industry Committee: Innovation and Market Access in Asia-Pacific: What Evidence and Processes are Appropriate for Reimbursement? China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Australia Compared. (All are welcome)
Are you involved with ISPOR regional groups but are not currently an active ISPOR member? Join your peers and take advantage of member exclusive benefits and services including, but not limited to education and training, publications, contribution to the science, knowledge products and online tools, networking. Join ISPOR Now!
Become a contributor to the ISPOR community and help to promote HEOR excellence and to improve health care decision making around the world.
- ISPOR Global Fellowship Directory and Global Internship Directory – new and exclusive member benefit! Two new online resources for fellowships and internships for health economics and outcomes researchers. Visit ISPOR Career Center to explore more opportunities in the HEOR field.
ISPOR Asia Consortium is a regional group within the organizational structure of ISPOR that consists of regional experts and thought leaders, ISPOR Chapters in Asia-Pacific as well as global professionals interested in HEOR and HTA and their use in health care decisions. Become a part of our dynamic organization with over 950 global members, 8 working committees, and 33 ISPOR Regional Chapters in Asia-Pacific with over 2600 members.
There are so many ways to get involved:
- Participate in our Biennial Asia-Pacific Conferences – past conferences in Kobe 2003, Shanghai 2006, Seoul 2008, Phuket 2010, Taipei 2012, Beijing 2014, Singapore 2016 and upcoming Tokyo 2018!
- Network with global colleagues at ISPOR Asia Consortium meetings
- Join our project-oriented working committees such as Industry, Education and Publication Committees
- Develop your new HEOR career by participating in the New Professionals Group
- Submit your research and content to our publications
- Learn more about our Chapters and get plugged into your local groups
- Check out our library of health policy articles and informational resources