News Across Asia Volume 6 No. 4 (Jan-Mar 2018)
Happy New Year 2018!
It is our pleasure to present News Across Asia Volume 6 No. 4 (January-March 2018), the Asia Consortium newsletter. News Across Asia covers outcomes research and health policy trends in Asia-Pacific and activities of the ISPOR Asia Consortium and ISPOR Regional Chapters. This issue features information on the ISPOR 8th Asia-Pacific Conference, news on regional health initiatives, member-reported news, and other important ISPOR activities.
This issue presents a small portion of the activities that the ISPOR Asia Consortium is currently involved in. We invite you to Join ISPOR in making an impact for positive health outcomes in Asia-Pacific.
News Across Asia Co-Editors Nathorn Chaiyakunapruk, Sang Soo Lee, and Fang Zhang
- Abstract submission deadline – March 14, 2018
- Early Registration Deadline – July 17, 2018
- Conference website
- Recent and upcoming workshops in Australia
- National HEOR conference in India
- New Graduate Certificate in Health Economics in Australia
- First HealthNetIndia Meeting
- Educational workshop in South Korea
- Pharmacoeconomics and HRQoL Seminar in Indonesia
- China’s First Fundamental Law of Medical Care and Promotion of Health up for Public Comments
- Korea’s National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency (NECA) presented a plan to introduce ‘Value-based Assessment Framework’
- Health Policy Developments in India
- Promoting the inclusion of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) in the ongoing “Basic Health Laws” in China
- Translation, Validation and Psychometric Evaluation of Patient Satisfaction with Pharmacist Services Questionnaire: the Urdu version
- Member-reported publication
ISPOR 8th ASIA-PACIFIC CONFERENCE
8-11 September, 2018, Tokyo, Japan
Call for Abstracts! Abstract Submissions are open until March 14, 2018
Conference Theme: Moving Into Action: Informing Policy and Strengthening Healthcare Systems in Asia-Pacific
First Plenary: Transforming Healthcare and Leveraging Digital Health for Better Health in Asia
Second Plenary: Real World Evidence in Asia: Are We Ready? Is It Helpful for Decision Makers?
Third Plenary: Risk Sharing Agreements: Country Experiences, Challenges, and Lessons Learned
Short Courses – 18 Total Courses, 5 New Short Courses Featured
Saturday 8 September 2018 – morning session
- Introduction to Pharmacoeconomics/Health Economics
- Introduction to Real World Data and Informatics in Health Care
- Elements of Pharmaceutical/Biotech Pricing I
- Introduction to Health Technology Assessment
- New! Budget Impact Analysis I: A 6-Step Approach
- New! Medical Devices in Asia-Pacific: Regulatory and Reimbursement Issues
Saturday 8 September 2018 – afternoon session
- Introduction to Modeling
- Cost Effectiveness Analysis Alongside Clinical Trials
- Patient-reported Outcomes Measures (PROMs): Cross-cultural Development and Validation
- Retrospective Database Design and Analysis
- Case Studies in Pharmaceutical / Biotech Pricing II – Advanced
- New! Budget Impact Analysis II: Applications & Design Issues
Sunday 9 September 2018 – morning session
- New! Applied Modeling
- Statistical Methods in Health Economic Evaluations
- Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) Weights for Economic Evaluations
- Network Meta-Analysis and Indirect Treatment Comparisons
- Risk-Sharing/Performance-Based Schemes for Drugs & Medical Devices
- New! Introduction to Big Data Analysis: Graph Analytics (Intermediate level course)
Conference Support Opportunities – Corporate sponsorship, Educational Fora and Symposia, Exhibiting
Join a Review Group
Become part of an ISPOR Task Force or Special Interest Review Group. Reviewer comments contribute to ISPOR’s high quality consensus-developed publications and online tools. To learn more about these working groups, visit ISPOR Task Forces or ISPOR Special Interest Groups. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISPOR New Initiatives
- ISPOR Regional Chapter Handbook is an online resource available to ISPOR regional Chapters leadership as a guide to help them succeed in their roles. For electronic access, please click here. Additional details are coming soon!
- ISPOR Chapter Leadership Training Program is in development and is expected to be launched in 2018, and will take place during ISPOR’s 23rd Annual international Meeting in Baltimore, MD, USA and during the 21st Annual European congress in Barcelona, Spain. More information and details will be shared!
- ISPOR wants to recognize the efforts and outstanding contributions of ISPOR Regional Chapters which is why ISPOR has created the ISPOR Chapter Award program that will recognize Chapters in 3 Categories (small, medium, and large). Criteria and process to participate will be shared with all the chapters. Good luck to all!
Student Information & New Professionals
Are you a student or have recently graduated from an HEOR related program? Find ISPOR Student Chapter in your region, connect with the Chapter President, or form a new chapter at your university. To learn more visit ISPOR Student Network
Are you involved with ISPOR regional groups but are not currently an active ISPOR member? Join your peers and take advantage of member exclusive benefits and services including, but not limited to education and training, publications, contribution to the science, knowledge products and online tools, networking. Join ISPOR Now!
Become a contributor to the ISPOR community and help to promote HEOR excellence and to improve health care decision making around the world.
- ISPOR Global Fellowship Directory and Global Internship Directory – new and exclusive member benefit! Two new online resources for fellowships and internships for health economics and outcomes researchers. Visit ISPOR Career Center to explore more opportunities in the HEOR field.
ISPOR Asia Consortium is a regional group within the organizational structure of ISPOR that consists of regional experts and thought leaders, ISPOR Chapters in Asia-Pacific as well as global professionals interested in HEOR and HTA and their use in health care decisions. Become a part of our dynamic organization with 1000 global members, 8 working committees, and 33 ISPOR Regional Chapters in Asia-Pacific with over 2600 members.
There are so many ways to get involved:
- Participate in our Biennial Asia-Pacific Conferences – past conferences in Kobe 2003, Shanghai 2006, Seoul 2008, Phuket 2010, Taipei 2012, Beijing 2014, Singapore 2016 and upcoming Tokyo 2018!
- Network with global colleagues at ISPOR Asia Consortium meetings
- Join our project-oriented working committees such as Industry, Education and Publication Committees
- Develop your new HEOR career by participating in the New Professionals Group
- Submit your research and content to our publications
- Learn more about our Chapters and get plugged into your local groups
- Check out our library of health policy articles and informational resources